• We hosted wonderful people from literally all over the world & cannot thank our guests enough for fishing with us & making it all possible!
• Winning the small boat division of the January 2017 Pelagic Rockstar Tournament aboard GOOD DAY was epic!
• We got the leader on a 700-800lb Marlin during February. The Angler fought this fish for more than 2 hours on 30lb class tackle, we got some good video but on such light tackle we could not get the fish boatside for the money shot. What an awesome experience though!
• Fishing the 2017 Offshore World Championships & hosting teams from USA, Dubai, Australia and Turks & Caicos
• Awarded a Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor thanks to excellent customer reviews
• We released lots of Blue Marlin plus a few Black Marlin & Striped Marlin aboard GOOD DAY
• Our best day for Sailfish releases was 16 Sails. Costa Rica experienced a pretty slow Sailfish bite this year but we are hopeful it will be back with a bang this season!
• We tagged & released an estimated 90lb Roosterfish on 30th June 2017 (World record is 114lb)
• We electronic tagged a 50lb Roosterfish working alongside the scientists & awesome folks from Gray Fish Tag Research, Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation, Costa Sunglasses, Seaguar Flurocarbon, Marina Pez Vela. A truly fantastic project, we love the research & science aspect of what we do
• We made a pledge to release Cubera Snappers in addition to Marlin, Sailfish & Roosterfish which are always released
• We were Tournament Observers in the Los Suenos Triple Crown tournament, this is like going to Billfishing University - a fantastic experience!
• We placed 6th in the Quepos Billfish Cup aboard the 60’ Hatteras SANTE catching Marlin, Sailfish, Tuna & Dorado
• We fished the awesome ‘Jungle’s Edge’ Tarpon Tournament at Tarponville
• We caught our 1st Roosterfish on Fly!
Top catches in 2016-17 season
Blue Marlin to est. 700-800lb
Black Marlin to 250lb
Yellowfin Tuna to 150lb
Sailfish to 140lb
Roosterfish to 90lb
Striped Marlin to 80lb
Bigeye Tuna to 80lb
Dorado to 66lb
Cubera Snapper to 35lb
Amberjack to 35lb
Wahoo to 30lb
Snook to 25lb
Corvina (Sea Bass) to 20lb
Jacks to 20lb
Bull Shark to 20lb
Reef Shark to 20lb
Grouper to 20lb
Mackerel to 15lb
Silky Snapper to 15lb
Pacific Red Snapper to 15lb
Stingray to 15lb
Barracuda to 12lb
African Pompano to 12lb
Big eyed Jack to 10lb
Mackerel Tuna to 10lb
Tripletail to 8lb
Needlefish to 8lb
Yellowtail Snapper to 6lb
Triggerfish to 6lb
Mullet Snapper to 5lb
Plus lots of other smaller species to keep LRF & species Anglers entertained!
We have spent considerable time over the past two seasons developing the Fly Fishing aspect of our business and we have fantastic Fly Fishing opportunities available to target big Pacific Sailfish up to 140lbs, Blue Marlin at the famed Costa Rica FADs, Roosterfish aswell as Tarpon on our Caribbean Coast. You can follow our Fly Fishing Adventures via our new instagram page 'Quepos on the Fly’.
We have a packed Billfish Tournament calendar to look forward to here at the Marina Pez Vela in 2018. We are currently looking for teams of 4 Anglers to fish with us aboard GOOD DAY for the following tournaments:
Quepos Billfish Cup 15-17 March 2018
Marina Pez Vela Open 13-14 April 2018
Why not grab your friends and come fish a world class tournament in Costa Rica to see what all the fuss is about!
We have the following weeks available during our peak months for charter of GOOD DAY in addition to openings for day trips each month:
19-26 February 2018
2-9 March 2018
24-31 March 2018
1-8 April 2018
20-27 April 2018
28 April-5 May 2018
A package including 5 full day’s Fishing aboard GOOD DAY, 7 night’s accommodation in a 3 bedroom Private Jungle Villa, Return Airport transfers & daily Marina transfers is just US$2,899 per person based on 3 Anglers.
We would love to hear from you if you are interested in a Costa Rica Fishing adventure of your own, you only live once!
Jackpot Sport Fishing